Joining in with Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude*Sunday and celebrating some of the things that I am grateful for this week:
- The kindness of a friend who turned up unannounced on our doorstep to give us a basketful of wonderful fruit and vegetables.
- Freecycle and the wonderful people who are members who kindly gift items that help us so much (and the kind friends who help us collect the things that are too large to fit in our small car-boot!)
- The gift of fertile Indian Runner duck eggs to set under our broody hen (another kind friend)
- The kindness of our neighbours – one of whom brought us some wood to help us build a new chicken run.
- My eldest son for taking his sister to her various martial arts lessons on Wednesday so she could pick up her medal and didn’t miss out (as John had to work and I was unable to get her there).
- Fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden (and that I was able to rescue some carrots from the bed that the chickens scratched up)
- Apples – I love this time of year, the beginnings of making apple jelly which will hopefully move on to eaters and making applesauce and apple cake. I try not to buy apples out of season and I’ve missed them!
- That the seeds I’ve ordered turned up speedily so I could get them planted – now for them to germinate and grow!
- And, I know I’ve said it before, but how blessed I feel to have moved here – I don’t think a day goes by when I don’t look around and think how lucky we are to have found such a lovely home, with such lovely neighbours in such a lovely place with such lovely friends – it may be a lot of ‘lovelies’ but it’s also a whole lotta love!