Naturally the Anglo Saxons and the Vikings are an important part of our exploration of history, but as part of this year’s focus on the years 400-1066AD I want us to look outside of the little island on which we live and also explore something of what was happening across the world.
I’ll be using this post to note down some further (worldwide) resources for this time period. This is a work in progress.
If anyone has any further suggestions for resources I’d love to hear them!
- Stories of Charlemagne by Alfred J. Church on The Baldwin Project
- Famous Men of the Middle Ages by John H. Haaren on The Baldwin Project
The Ancient World with Bettany Hughes: When the Moors Ruled in Europe on Channel 4 on Demand
- Lost Kingdoms of South America on BBC Iplayer
- The British Museum (Mayans)
- The Chachapoyas
- The Chimu (Kingdom of Chimor)