Over the past couple of months we have been learning about the Anglo Saxons and I will be adding to this blog post as time goes on (and probably linking to it from the top tabs once it’s finished).
However, in the meantime, here is a collection of resources that you may find useful:
- In the Days of Alfred the Great
- Stories of Beowulf Told to the Children by HE Marshall
- Stories of Charlemagne by Alfred J Church
- Anglo Saxon Chronicles on the Britannia History site
- The Lindisfarne Gospels
- The Ruthwell Cross
- Saxons and Vikings on BBC R4 A History of the World site – with further links to the Anglo Saxons and Vikings on the BBC.
- Christianity: A History (Dark Ages) on Channel 4 on Demand.
- List of Images of Objects from the Anglo Saxons and Vikings on the BBC A History of the World
- Anglo Saxons BBC Primary History
- The British Museum (Anglo-Saxon England)
- Regia Anglorum – re-enactment society for Anglo Saxons, Vikings and Normans – lots of useful information on their site.
- The Sutton Hoo Society
- The Anglo Saxon Kings on the The British Monarchy (official) website
- Kings and Queens of Wessex on Historic UK
- The Battle of Maldon
- Anglo Saxons from Chiddingstone Church of England School
- Ages of English – a fun history of English in 10 parts (please note that some of this may be considered a little rude, so you may need to check first!)
- Search BBC I Player for Anglo Saxons
- Search C4 OD for Anglo Saxons
- Horrible Histories on YouTube